Regional HR Head
Regional HR Head – Easy Taxi Middle East
Human Resources | Amman, Jordan
About the company
Easy Taxi is the largest smartphone app-based taxi delivery company in the world. We allow users to order a taxi conveniently and safely from the touch of their smartphone. We are currently present in more than 80 cities around the globe and are further growing at light speed. One big focus of the global expansion of Easy Taxi is the Middle East where we are building up operations from scratch. Though we are benefiting from our strong experience in other countries, we believe that every region has its own peculiarities which makes our job so much fun, challenging and interesting. Easy Taxi is all about applying technology, data-driven decision making, detail oriented operations, smart marketing to solve a massive offline problem: urban transportation. Our mission is to reshape urban logistics in the Middle East and make this region a global leader in this area.
About the job
As Regional Head of HR, you are in charge of establishing an all-round people strategy to ensure that business objectives are aligned with employees and management. In particular, your responsibilities include;
- Establish all key people processes (onboarding, offboarding, leaves, performance management, compensation, benefits, development programs, etc)
- Set up proper tracking of all employee records and related information (contracts, leave balances, start date, etc)
- Liaise with Pro agency in KSA for all government related work (work permits, visas, trade licenses, etc)
- Ensuring legal compliance with regard to the people operations in all our operational countries in consultation with legal advisers of the company
- Be the employee’s first point of contact and supporter for any concerns
- Consult with managers and provide guidance and coaching when appropriate.
- Be knowledgeable about our business.
- Provide guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, compensation, bench-marking, etc.
- Identify training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Help management in recruiting the right personnel by finding, screening and shortlisting CVs and scheduling interviews for management
Who we’re looking for
- At least 4 years of relevant HR management experience, ideally with startup experience.
- Deep understanding of HR processes including compensation, performance management, and leadership development.
- Understanding of various employment laws in the Middle East and their impact on HR matters and ability to extend knowledge about employment laws in sp
- Demonstrated ability to partner within and outside of HR.
- A familiarity with global HR best practices, policies and new developments.
- Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence. Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organization and extreme flexibility to be proactive in a fast paced, ever changing environment. Competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions.
- Tenacity and ability to build from scratch are a must.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator including excellent presentation skills; analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Must be able to travel, including short-term assignments based upon business requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree
Are you interested in this job?
Please send us your CV/resume to email@example.com.